zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about Clustered Setup in two data centers
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:19:18 GMT
Hi Zsolt,
  Sorry to disappoint but there isnt any way of running zookeeper on 2
machines and calling it reliable. You can run a set of 2 machines for
a quorum of 3 but if one of the machine goes down then zookeeper goes
down. Also, a data center of 2 has issues since which ever datacenter
you place the max part of the quorum in, in case of death will caiuse
the ZK cluster to fail.  I am assuming you are talking about ZK cross
data center.

thanks
mahadev

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Zsolt Beothy-Elo <zbeothy-elo@talend.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> in our product we currently implement to use ZooKeeper in conjunction with CXF to dynamically
manage available services and endpoints. Unfortunately one of our customers is not very happy
of having to run a minimum of three ZooKeeper server instances to ensure fail over. The customer
has two data centers in different locations where data and applications are replicated and
some big-ip appliance in front of the data centers. If one data center fails everything must
still be operable. So he would prefer to only have two  instances one in each data center.
I would be grateful for some advise how to best cope with these contradicting requirements.