zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Identify ephemeral node owner
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:47:08 GMT
Hi Travis,

as Mahadev mentioned, when a client establishes a session with a
server the host id is logged to the server log:
2011-03-29 14:41:59,741 - INFO  [SyncThread:0:NIOServerCnxn@1580] -
Established session 0x12f0390e7520000 with negotiated timeout 30000
for client /127.0.0.1:47789

You could examine the ephemeral owner and grep the logs for this
(that's what I typically do).

A second more complex option; the client could note it's session id,
along with some other identifying information
(host/process/user/etc...) as a ZNode as part of it's joining the
cluster. This would obv require changes on the client side though.

There's also this jira, might be a good idea for us to capture some
client specific information here (although we'd have to watch out for
security issues with this, exposing this information only to
appropriate parties...)

Patrick