zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Clustered Setup in two data centers
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:40:39 GMT
What is being coordinated with ZK?

What level of reliability is required?  What fail-over time?  What failure
modes are acceptable?

How will clients coming into the load balancer at one datacenter be
redirected to the other?

In my experience, reliability means many things.  In one application I
worked on, full triplication of the data-centers was required and all
transactions were sent to all three.  Behind the scenes lots of gnomes
worked to keep things consistent, but the client always got a full speed
response no matter what.

Other situations have required <1 day recovery with no loss of data.

Presumably your needs are between these cases.