zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Wulff <owna...@gmail.com>
Subject WSDL/REST interface to zookeeper server
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 19:56:32 GMT
Hi there

I can get access to the data stored in the zookeeper servers with the
zookeeper client only. I'd like to provide a WSDL or REST interface to
clients to read and maybe write information. I see two options

1) The WSDL/REST facade is deployed within the zookeeper server and runs
within the same operating system process

2) The WSDL/REST facade is installed on the same machine but within a
seperate process and uses the zookeeper client api

IMHO, I'd prefer the 1st option but don't know whether this is possible. I
also had the idea to deploy the zookeeper server into an OSGi container and
the facade is a seperate bundle.

Which solution makes more sense to you and why?

Thanks a lot
Oliver