zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chris Medaglia <cmedag...@itasoftware.com>
Subject Re: WSDL/REST interface to zookeeper server
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:11:04 GMT
Seems like a good thing to have, for sure. I'd say following the model
of extending the API is a better choice, and leave the Zookeeper service
as light as possible. This has been done for languages like Perl and
Python, and it seems natural to me to extend for WSDL/REST as well. I
realize this isn't quite the same in that you'd be running a service
rather than creating another programming API, but it seems to fall under
more of a 'contrib' scenario than something that should be native to the
Zookeeper service itself. That's my humble two cents. :-)

Chris Medaglia
ITA Software