zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Aklin_81 <asdk...@gmail.com>
Subject Using a synchronized counter that keeps track of no of users on the application & using it to allot UserIds/ keys to the new users after sign up
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 18:32:36 GMT
Hi all,

To generate new keys/ UserIds for new users on my application, I am
thinking of using a simple synchronized counter that can keep track of
the no. of users registered on my application and when a new user
signs up, he can be allotted the next available id.

Since I am using Cassandra, a distributed & evetually consistent DB,
it is difficult to implement this with it.

Can it be implemented with the help of zookeeper?

Please let me know your thoughts and suggesttions..

Regards
Asil