zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ephemeral node problem
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:29:36 GMT
You probably ran into

?

If yes, 3.3.3 has the fix! It is due to be released next week.

thanks
mahadev
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Samuel Rash <rash@fb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are running zookeeper 3.3.2 and have seen what appears to be a problem with ephemeral
nodes.  We create about 2000 persistent nodes (leaves) in a hierarchy.  Under each of these,
we run a leader
> election with ephemeral nodes (~40).  This results in about 80,000 total ephemeral nodes.
 During restart of our system, the leader elections can churn a bit as hosts remove themselves,
electing new leaders, which then themselves may withdraw from the election.  In one such
restart, we saw an election get 'stuck'.  Upon investigating, one node had it's session expired
(indicated in the zk logs), but one of its ephemeral nodes was still left.  We took down
the processes holdilng ephemeral nodes and this node remained.

> Are there any known bugs in zookeeper that might result in this?  it does not appear
to happen under our normal laod.