zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ertio Lew <ertio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: write permission on ZooKeeper Wiki?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:47:15 GMT
Hi all,

I am involved in a project where we're building a social application
using Cassandra DB and Java. I am looking for a solution to generate
unique sequential IDs for the content on the application. I have been
suggested by some people to have a look  to Zookeeper for this. I
would highly appreciate if anyone can suggest if zookeeper is suitable
for this purpose and any good resources to gain information about
zookeeper.

Since the application is based on a eventually consistent distributed
platform using Cassandra, we have felt a need to look over to other
solutions instead of building our own using our DB.

Any kind of comments, suggestions are highly welcomed! :)

Regards
Ertio Lew.