zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Віталій Тимчишин <tiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ExecutorService over a zookeeper
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:51:17 GMT
2011/2/14 Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>

> Scalability.
>
> Zookeeper is limited to a few 10's of thousands of updates per second.
>  Large updates would limit this even more.
>
> If that is enough, then great.  If not, too bad.

Yep, it's enough. Remeber, it's executor service. It has no sense to cluster
a task that will take less then 100 millis in average. So, taking 10 updates
per task, it should handle 10000s/10*0.1 = 100s parallel tasks. Its OK. It
will handle a cluster of ~20 powerfull cluster nodes. If I will have more, I
can easily have a set of independant servers with tasks distributed over
them.

BTW: Does this number change with new servers or replication makes it worse?

--
Best regards,
 Vitalii Tymchyshyn