zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ertio Lew <ertio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper for generating sequential IDs
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:00:07 GMT
Thanks Patrick,

I considered your suggestion. But sadly it could not fit my use case.
I am looking for a solution that could help me generate 64 bits Ids
but in those 64 bits I would like atleast 4 free bits so that I could
manage with those free bits to distinguish the type of data for a
particular entity in the same columnfamily.

If I could keep the snowflake's Id size to around 60 bits, that would
have been great..