zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Fournier, Camille F. [Tech]" <Camille.Fourn...@gs.com>
Subject RE: tickTime and sessionTimeout
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:23:53 GMT
I mean, full stack dump for the entire process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Patania [mailto:Nicholas.Patania@morganstanley.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:11 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: tickTime and sessionTimeout

The two "suspicious" traces are full.  The full epoll trace is:

"NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:4799" daemon prio=10
tid=0xaec2b000 nid=0x6945 runnable [0xaed65000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.epollWait(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.poll(EPollArrayWrapper.java:210)
        at sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl.doSelect(EPollSelectorImpl.java:65)
        at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.lockAndDoSelect(SelectorImpl.java:69)
        - locked <0xdfa04348> (a sun.nio.ch.Util$1)
        - locked <0xdfa04358> (a java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableSet)
        - locked <0xdfa04308> (a sun.nio.ch.EPollSelectorImpl)
        at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:80)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn$Factory.run(NIOServerCnxn.java:232)

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Fournier, Camille F. [Tech]
<Camille.Fournier@gs.com> wrote:
> Can you send the full stack trace?

SESSION_1 is coming in and trying to send a ping. It is blocked a bit behind the expiring
of SESSION_0 due to the synchronous nature of touching the session table, and then its request
for a ping will be processed behind the session expiration processing for SESSION_0. So either
the expirer takes long enough dealing with SESSION_0 that it immediately wants to expire SESSION_1
on next processing, or, the processing of the session expiration takes just long enough for
SESSION_1 to not get a response to its heartbeat back from the server, which then causes it
to disconnect and reconnect, and in the interim the server determines the session dead due
to timeout.

>>> Long story short, those timeouts are too short for the server to reliably execute

if you increase your session timeout?

IO