zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extracting Zab from Zookeeper
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:03:27 GMT
I think that what Flavio was saying is that it is like pulling a string on a
sweater.  Almost any application that wants ZAB is probably going to need
the broadcast and they the broadcast, they will want to have logging.  And
transactions.  And so on.

Moreover, some of these features are not necessarily encoded in ZK in a way
that you can point to.  Instead they are enabled by the way that several
functional units are glued together.