zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Question about ACL
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 19:08:11 GMT
I think my last email bounced --

Hi Qian,
 I think we lack a lot of documentation on ACL’s and how to use your own
authentication schemes. 3.2 should have some of it. Zookeeper allows you to
add you own authentication schemes. You should be able to write you own
authentication scheme like the IPAuthenticationProvider.java. All you need
to do is write such a class that implements AuthenticationProvideer and
then when you start up the server, you will have to use
–Dzookeeper.authprovider.some_name=org.apache.zookeeper.server.auth.SomeAuth
enticationProvider – zookeeper server picks up these authentication
providers when it starts up from the system properties (if you want to
specify you own). Hope this helps.

mahadev