zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Satish Bhatti <cthd2...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving ZooKeeper Servers
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 17:35:03 GMT
Here is the scenario:
(1) We have 2 live instances of our application, running on 2 different sets
of machines, a preproduction instance and a production instance.  As part of
this setup we have 5 ZooKeeper servers running on machines pre-1 thru pre-5.
 They have been running for several days.

(2) At some point, we want to switch the preproduction instance to be the
production instance.  For the ZooKeeper servers, we will copy the data +
logs directories from the pre machines currently running ZooKeeper to the
prod machines that will be running ZooKeeper, and start up ZooKeeper on
those machines.  Is this all that is necessary so that the new ZooKeeper
cluster effectively continues from where the pre cluster left off?  Am I
missing something?

Thanks,

Satish