zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.6 candidate 3
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2019 18:01:20 GMT
PR for the fix
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1111
as soon as it lands to 3.5.6 I will send a new RC out for vote

in BookKeeper we have a validation script that checks for license files,
but it depends on the repository layout.

it should be easy to set up such validation, it will also help contributors
to work on libraries upgrade

Enrico

Il giorno lun 7 ott 2019 alle ore 15:33 Norbert Kalmar
<nkalmar@cloudera.com.invalid> ha scritto:

> Oh, bummer, I totally overlooked the version in the configs.
>
> We should maybe add some automated config checks to the build... :) This is
> not the first time an RC is cancelled because of the License files.
>
> Norbert
>

> On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 3:13 PM Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Andor, Norbert,
> > I have fixed the tag
> > https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/commits/release-3.5.6-rc3
> >
> > Explanation of what happeed:
> > I had created the original tag as 'release-3.5.6rc3' (without the dash
> > sign) and when I re-created it I was on the master branch.
> > I apologize for the mistake.
> >
> > Binaries and source code were takes from this commit
> >

> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/commit/3433841cb8e8ed1e1a3ef65e6e986aae3de55677
> >
> > But I am sorry as I have to CANCEL again this vote, as inside the "lib"
> > directory we still have Netty 4.1.29 license files instead of 4.1.42.
> >
> > so -1 from my side.
> >
> > I am sorry this is taking so long.
> >
> > Fortunately ZK codebase is in good shape, we are only cancelling votes
> for
> > third party dependencies and license files
> >

> > Enrico
> >

> > Il giorno lun 7 ott 2019 alle ore 14:27 Norbert Kalmar
> > <nkalmar@cloudera.com.invalid> ha scritto:
> >
> > > +1 (non-binding) - once tag is fixed, which has the extra commit Andor
> > > mentioned. I verified that the RC does not contain the commit, so it's
> > just
> > > the tag.
> > > But the RC looks good to me!
> > >
> > > - unit tests pass
> > > - built and started ZK + run few commands from source tarball
> > > - checked bin tarball, license files, run ZK + few commands
> > > - signature OK.
> > >
> > > Thanks Enrico!

> > commands.

it