zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.6 candidate 4
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2019 15:54:55 GMT
It's required by the Apache Release process:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution <http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution>

For every artifact distributed to the public through Apache channels, the PMC

	• MUST supply a valid OpenPGP-compatible ASCII-armored detached signature file
	• MUST supply at least one checksum file
	• SHOULD supply a SHA-256 and/or SHA-512 checksum file
	• SHOULD NOT supply a MD5 or SHA-1 checksum file (because these are deprecated)

For new releases, PMCs MUST supply SHA-256 and/or SHA-512; and SHOULD NOT supply MD5 or SHA-1.
Existing releases do not need to be changed.