zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From 殷芳玺 <yinfan...@kuaishou.com>
Subject 答复: It is necessary to backport ZOOKEEPER-3104 to branch-3.4
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2019 02:28:34 GMT
Hi,Norbert

Great !

!n my personal opinion, ZOOKEEPER-3104 backport should be necessary before 3.4 EOL.

Zookeeper 3.4 is widely used in industry.  Any known critical issues should be fixed before
its EOL.

Data consistency is crucial for zookeeper.

Code review comments are welcome for the pull request. Hope it be refined and merged to branch-3.4
upstream sooner.

https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1123

Best Regards

Pierre

________________________________
发件人: Norbert Kalmar <nkalmar@cloudera.com.INVALID>
发送时间: 2019年10月22日 下午 10:38:39
收件人: dev@zookeeper.apache.org
主题: Re: It is necessary to backport ZOOKEEPER-3104 to branch-3.4

Hi Pierre,

As this is a critical bugfix IMO, I don't see why it shouldn't be
backported to 3.4. It hasn't been stated AFAIK that 3.4 is no longer
supported.
As for when there could be a new 3.4 release, that's a different question
though. Let's see what the PMCs think about it.

(I also added 3.5.5 to the jira's fix version, az is contains the fix but
was missing.)

Regards,
Norbert