zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Ling Mao" <maoling199210...@sina.com>
Subject Re: Re: Coding Style
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 05:38:38 GMT
1. AFAIK, the IDEA also supports  Eclipse Format Template(install Eclipse Code Formatter plugin
for IDEA) , so no duplicated work.
2. Since we now use a customized code checkstyle, so we cannot take advantage of the ready-make
sun/google formatter, we also need a customized formatter, just like this:https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/dev-support/hbase_eclipse_formatter.xml
3. Overall, this work is not in a hurry because mvn cmd can tell us where is the violations
----- Original Message -----
From: Zili Chen <wander4096@gmail.com>
To: Justin Ling Mao <maoling199210191@sina.com>
Cc: dev <dev@zookeeper.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Coding Style
Date: 2019-10-08 10:52

Hi Justin,
If Eclipse has a checkstyle plugin as that in IDEA I don't think we have tomaintain two versions
of code style rules. Otherwise we have to sync onewith the other when we add/remove rules,
which is unnecessarily overhead.
Best,tison.

Justin Ling Mao <maoling199210191@sina.com> 于2019年10月8日周二 上午10:49写道:
1. Currently, our coding style checker(maven checkstyle plugin) doesn't abide by Sun's conventions
completely

2. maybe we need a eclipse_formatter.xml to  the automatic formatting for the IDEs,  https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#eclipse.code.formatting
is a good example.