zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@apache.org>
Subject Re: complete quota system proposal
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2019 03:02:24 GMT
>> a more complete quota/throttling system would be valuable here

Absolutely. This will improve the stability of a shared zookeeper cluster,
which is a very common use case. Because the lack of enforce quota (and
other soft isolation mechanisms such as flow control / request limiting),
the usual practice of dealing with such excessive client usages is to
provision dedicated ZK cluster per customer which creates additional
operation overheads and is waste of resource.

>> We'd be happy to submit the work for review

Sounds great. I would suggest we create an epic around this and then break
down the stories to multiple sub tasks and move existing issues that's
relevant under the epic, so we can consolidate efforts and have a single
place to track the progress.