zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Mocheng Guo <gmca...@gmail.com>
Subject complete quota system proposal
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2019 19:46:36 GMT
Hi, currently Zookeeper has a storage quota feature which is informational
only and there are a few JIRAs to enforce throttling.

ZOOKEEPER-451
ZOOKEEPER-2593
ZOOKEEPER-3301

I am wondering if a more complete quota/throttling system covering metrics
such as storage/rate/watch/connection would be valuable here? We at FB have
been battling with excessive system usage from clients and did some work in
this area. We'd be happy to submit the work for review and consolidate with
existing efforts if people feel this is a good feature to add.

thanks
Mocheng