zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intellij Idea warning as error with -Xdoclint
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:58:09 GMT
Il lun 15 lug 2019, 13:53 Andor Molnar <andor@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Hi Enrico,
>
> This is still an issue for me in IDEA:
>
> Javadoc problems found in zookeeper-jute and zookeeper-server projects, so
> the build eventually fails. Strange thing is that running maven from
> command line doesn’t show any warning nor error.
>
> From javac params -Werror and -Xdoclint I think IDEA’s behaviour is
> correct.
>
> Most warning messages in IDEA are about missing javadoc comments, so
> changing it to "-Xdoclint:-missing” solves the problem.

I can try to understand better.
If I understand correctly your point is that apparently Idea is working as
expected but Maven not and this is not good because CI runs with Maven.

I will be back with news.
Hopefully we can fix javadocs and have a reliable way to detect issues on
docs on CI/precommit/nightly

Enrico