zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intellij Idea warning as error with -Xdoclint
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:59:40 GMT
Idea cannot build ZooKeeper out-of-the-box. Here’s the error message when trying to build
zookeeper-server:

/Users/andormolnar/git/my-zookeeper/zookeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/zookeeper/server/command/StatCommand.java
Warning:(19, 1) java: documentation comment not expected here
Warning:(33, 8) java: no comment
Warning:(34, 33) java: no comment
Warning:(36, 17) java: no comment
Warning:(37, 12) java: no comment
Error:java: warnings found and -Werror specified

There’re lots of others, I just picked StatCommand.java as an example.

Idea is running the standard Javac compiler with the arguments imported from Maven settings:
javac -Werror -Xlint:deprecation -Xlint:unchecked -Xdoclint -Xpkginfo:always

thanks,
Andor