zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambertus <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACTION REQUIRED: disk space on jenkins master nearly full
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2019 01:09:32 GMT
All,

Thanks to those who have addressed this so far. The immediate storage issue has been resolved,
but some builds still need to be fixed to ensure the build master does not run out of space
again anytime soon.

Here is the current list of builds storing over 40GB on the master:

597G    Packaging
204G    pulsar-master
199G    hadoop-multibranch
108G    Any23-trunk
93G     HBase Nightly
88G     PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build
71G     stanbol-0.12
64G     Atlas-master-NoTests
50G     HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests
42G     PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build-maven

If you are unable to reduce the size of your retained builds, please let me know. I have added
some additional project dev lists to the CC as I would like to hear back from everyone on
this list as to the state of their stored builds.

Thanks,
Chris

> On Jun 10, 2019, at 10:57 AM, Chris Lambertus <cml@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> The jenkins master is nearly full.
>
> The workspaces listed below need significant size reduction within 24 hours or Infra
will need to perform some manual pruning of old builds to keep the jenkins system running.
The Mesos “Packaging” job also needs to be corrected to include the project name (mesos-packaging)
please.

> It appears that the typical ‘Discard Old Builds’ checkbox in the job configuration
may not be working for multibranch pipeline jobs. Please refer to these articles for information
on discarding builds in multibranch jobs:

> https://support.cloudbees.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000237071-How-do-I-set-discard-old-builds-for-a-Multi-Branch-Pipeline-Job-
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-35642
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-34738?focusedCommentId=263489&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-263489
>

> NB: I have not fully vetted the above information, I just notice that many of these jobs
have ‘Discard old builds’ checked, but it is clearly not working.

> If you are unable to reduce your disk usage beyond what is listed, please let me know
what the reasons are and we’ll see if we can find a solution. If you believe you’ve configured
your job properly and the space usage is more than you expect, please comment here and we’ll
take a look at what might be going on.

> I cut this list off arbitrarily at 40GB workspaces and larger. There are many which are
between 20 and 30GB which also need to be addressed, but these are the current top contributors
to the disk space situation.