zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dropping ANT precommit script - last stept
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:13:11 GMT
I have disabled the Maven precommit for branch-3.4 and I have also disable
ANT precommit for master.

We are keeping ANT only for
https://builds.apache.org/job/Zookeeper-trunk-single-thread/
this is the job that add the "SUCCESS|FAILURE integrated in master ...." on
JIRA tickets.
I have started a separate thread for it.

As soon as we drop or migrate that stuff we can drop build.xml !!

I am pushing for the drop of ant because I would like to introduce new
maven modules and Ant is really a showstopper for me

Enrico

Il giorno mer 12 giu 2019 alle ore 11:59 Enrico Olivelli <
eolivelli@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Il mer 12 giu 2019, 11:36 Norbert Kalmar <nkalmar@cloudera.com.invalid>
> ha scritto:
>
>> Thank Enrico, awesome work!
>>
>> I wanted to suggest to drop maven build on branch 3.4. We never really
>> wanted to release or even migrate maven to 3.4, but for easier backports,
>> we did.
>> Even though maven is there, we said we will just keep releasing 3.4 with
>> ant for backward compatibility reasons. Plus, maven for some reason has
>> some flaw in the unit tests (ZOOKEEPER-3284).
>>
>> I don't see any added value running maven build on PRs on the 3.4 branch.
>

> Let's drop CI jobs and travis from branch 3.4.
> Let me coordinate these changes on CI
>

> Any thoughts, should we vote on this?
>>

> No need from my POV
>
> Hopefully branch 3.4 is stable and it is with ant, no need to mavenize.
> I guess we will cut releases only for security fixes/dependencies upgrades
>
> I am +1 to drop pom.xml from 3.4.
>
> Enrico
>

>> Regards,
>> Norbert
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Patrick
>> > I took a look to Yetus,
>> > https://yetus.apache.org/documentation/0.10.0/precommit-basic/
>> > and it is very cool.
>> >
>> > I will make experiments but it will take time.
>> >
>> > I am going to double check my list of stuff to migrate and if I am done
>> > will disable the ant based precommit only for master branch.
>> >
>> > We will have:
>> > - travis + jenkins maven on master
>> > - travis + jenkins ant+maven on branch 3.4 and 3.5
>> >
>> > Enrico

>> on
>> > the

>> not