zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dropping ANT precommit script - last stept
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 09:59:28 GMT
Il mer 12 giu 2019, 11:36 Norbert Kalmar <nkalmar@cloudera.com.invalid> ha
scritto:

> Thank Enrico, awesome work!
>
> I wanted to suggest to drop maven build on branch 3.4. We never really
> wanted to release or even migrate maven to 3.4, but for easier backports,
> we did.
> Even though maven is there, we said we will just keep releasing 3.4 with
> ant for backward compatibility reasons. Plus, maven for some reason has
> some flaw in the unit tests (ZOOKEEPER-3284).
>
> I don't see any added value running maven build on PRs on the 3.4 branch.

Let's drop CI jobs and travis from branch 3.4.
Let me coordinate these changes on CI

Any thoughts, should we vote on this?

No need from my POV

Hopefully branch 3.4 is stable and it is with ant, no need to mavenize.
I guess we will cut releases only for security fixes/dependencies upgrades

I am +1 to drop pom.xml from 3.4.

Enrico

> Regards,
> Norbert
>
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Patrick
> > I took a look to Yetus,
> > https://yetus.apache.org/documentation/0.10.0/precommit-basic/
> > and it is very cool.
> >
> > I will make experiments but it will take time.
> >
> > I am going to double check my list of stuff to migrate and if I am done I
> > will disable the ant based precommit only for master branch.
> >
> > We will have:
> > - travis + jenkins maven on master
> > - travis + jenkins ant+maven on branch 3.4 and 3.5
> >
> > Enrico
> >

> > Il lun 3 giu 2019, 10:53 Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com> ha
> scritto:

> > the

> > > I have sent this PR for -Xdoclint
> > > https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/965
> > >
> > > The build is failing on ASF CI and on Travis with an impossible error,
> > > that refers to an invalid line.
> > > I have tested the build on several machines / JDKs and I cannot
> reproduce
> > > the error locally
> > >
> > > Any help is welcome !
> > > Enrico