zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Will Martin <wmartin...@outlook.com>
Subject [3.4.12] Missing OVERSEER doc. solr-user@lucene....
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 03:52:53 GMT
Cross-posting this for a sound reporter..... He is a top technical resource on the list. Not
given to hyperbole in bug reports.

Is there a acl'd JIRA for zookeeper?

<snip>
to solr-user

We have a 6.6.2 cluster in prod that appears to have no overseer. In /overseer_elect on ZK,
there is an election folder, but no leader document. An OVERSEERSTATUS request fails with
a timeout.

I'm going to try ADDROLE, but I'd be delighted to hear any other ideas. We've diverted all
the traffic to the backing cluster, so we can blow this one away and rebuild.

Looking at the Zookeeper logs, I see a few instances of network failures across all three
nodes.

I *have the logs* from each of the Zookeepers.

We are running 3.4.12.

</snip>