zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Is it time to remove Apache Ant from ZooKeeper?
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 16:31:48 GMT
We are not ready.
 I am migrating the precommit script to Maven.
The ant based one is doing a lot of checks.
I am converting all of this stuff to Maven.

I think we won't drop ant from branch-3.4 but only from 3.5 and master.

As soon as the script is migrated there is no need to keep ant at all.

Indeed I am going to send patches that add new maven modules for metrics
providers and I don't won't to add new ant based stuff.

I would like to see new integration tests and for this work we need a more
modular codebase, so Maven is our way.

I am doing as much as possible to drop Ant soon

Enrico