zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.5 candidate 2
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2019 03:53:25 GMT
On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 8:37 AM Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> -1 (non binding)
>
> Good news:
> I have build the sources with jdk-8 and all tests passed
> checksums and signatures are ok
> I run a few smoke tests running on JDK11, all is ok
>
> Bad news:
> I see the following problems in the "binary package", not all blockers:
> - we have a lib/cobertura directory, not useful
> - we have zookeeper-3.5.5-sources.jar not needed in the "binary"
> package on the classpath

- we also have all of the 'recipes' not needed in the "binary" package
> on the classpath
> - inside the "docs" directory I see a webside with a very old look and feel
>
> The source package does not reflect the repository, for instance
> build.xml file, owaspSuppressions.xml,
> excludeFindBugsFilter.xml.....are missing.
> I think we have to release in a "source package" a clean copy of ASF
> repository at the released "git tag"

Agree with Enrico's point here and previously on the list - we need make
the new release artifact "source ony".  Convenience binaries can also be
made available, but separately from the actual "release". The source
artifact should match the git tag (I typically use something like meld to
verify on my other projects at apache).

Patrick