zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Fangmin Lv <lvfang...@gmail.com>
Subject Raise the Quality of ZooKeeper Docs with Google Season of Docs Project
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2019 16:42:22 GMT
Hi guy,

Raise here to see if we have interest to participant in the Google Season
of Docs or not.

(The deadline is today, so we probably won't attend this season, but raise
earlier to collect the interest here and prepare for next year)

[Background]

Google started the project of season of docs (
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/) this march, the goal is to
bring open source and technical writer communities together, and raise the
awareness of open source and quality of docs from technical writer.

[Benefit to ZooKeeper Community]

High quality doc will make an open source project more success and easier
to involve. ZooKeeper has nice docs, but there are still rooms to improve,
like make it more readable, add more technique details, and make it easier
to maintain. This is a good opportunity for us to improve the docs with the
help from technical writer.

[What needed to involve]

To involve in this project, at least two people from the ZooKeeper
community need to be registered with Season of Docs team, and being the
mentors to discuss the project ideas with technical writer.

This is non-trivial effort and we need to be planned ahead, given the
deadline for this season is today, I don't think we're able to ride this
first season. But we should keep an eye on this, if it turns out to be a
success thing for other open source projects, then we could prepare and
attend next year.

Thanks,
Fangmin