zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.5 candidate 3
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 14:49:52 GMT
I am testing this RC, before casting my vote I would like to share
these problems, I am not sure they are blockers:

1) spotbugs is not passing (tested both with jdk11 and jdk8)

mvn clean install -DskipTests spotbugs:check

[INFO] --- spotbugs-maven-plugin:3.1.9:check (default-cli) @ zookeeper ---
[INFO] BugInstance size is 1
[INFO] Error size is 0
[INFO] Total bugs: 1
[ERROR] Redundant nullcheck of
org.apache.zookeeper.version.Info.QUALIFIER which is known to be null
in org.apache.zookeeper.Version.getVersion()
[org.apache.zookeeper.Version] Redundant null check at
Version.java:[line 44] RCN_REDUNDANT_NULLCHECK_OF_NULL_VALUE
[INFO]

2) Apache RAT check is not passing
mvn clean apache-rat:check

Those checks need to be added to the release procedure and in CI
checks (I have filed an issue yesterday to improve CI checks
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-3351)

Enrico

Il giorno mar 9 apr 2019 alle ore 11:01 Andor Molnar
<andor@apache.org> ha scritto:

> This is the first stable release of 3.5 branch: 3.5.5. It resolves 117 issues, including
Maven migration, Quorum TLS, TTL nodes and lots of other performance and stability improvements.