zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MetricsProvider..time to start?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 14:03:04 GMT
Brian
I sent this PR with my proposal
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/840

Summary of changes:

- Refactor ServerMetrics, make it a single instance.
- Make ServerMetrics use the MetricsProvider API.
- Introduce a DefaultMetricsProvider which uses builtin metrics classes.
- Clean up ServerMetrics boot code.
- Integrate MetricsProvider with four letter words interface (monitor and reset)
- Add getBasicSummary() API to MetricsProvider to make it possile to
model AvgMinMaxCounter (Summary without percentiles)

Let's follow up on the patch

Regards
Enrico