zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Mavenized Zookeeper Roadmap
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2019 21:28:51 GMT
Hi,
It seems to me that we don't have a clear roadmap for the switch to Maven.

Points:
- will we ever drop Ant for branch-3.4 and branch-3.5? I assume that for
master it is not a problem
- the release with Maven will have different results than the Ant based
one, at least I expect a more 'modularized' release of binaries to Maven
central: is it only for master or will we switch all of the active
branches? (Current 3.4.14 vote had been prepared with Ant, and Maven on
branch-3.4 is not ready yet)
- what is preventing us from dropping ant/Ivy stuff from master?

On the CI side we only have to migrate the precommit job completely,
current Maven job is doing a few checks but not all of the Ant based one.

IMHO we should drop Ant stuff from 3.5 now that we releasing it as 'stable'
and drop it from master as well.

I would leave 3.4 as it is now, the code base has been refactored in order
to be like 3.5 and master and this will help cherry-picks but we can keep
Ant there and spend our efforts on master.

Best regards
Enrico