zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Tamas Penzes <tam...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject [DISCUSS] Remove ant build from master branch
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 19:29:44 GMT
Hi All,

Maven migration is almost done on all the three active branches (master,
3.5, 3.4).
For backward compatibility I would suggest to keep ant build on branch 3.4
and 3.5 but remove it from master branch (versions 3.6+).
We might add a message to 3.5 ant build that it is deprecated, but it
should still work.
This way we could be sure that users can still build and run their
ZooKeeper instance but could spare the ant build from future versions.
Less to maintain, less to test.

Do you agree?

Regards, Tamaas