zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove ant build from master branch
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 19:47:37 GMT
Il giorno mer 6 feb 2019, 20:30 Tamas Penzes <tamaas@cloudera.com.invalid>
ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> Maven migration is almost done on all the three active branches (master,
> 3.5, 3.4).
> For backward compatibility I would suggest to keep ant build on branch 3.4
> and 3.5 but remove it from master branch (versions 3.6+).
> We might add a message to 3.5 ant build that it is deprecated, but it
> should still work.
> This way we could be sure that users can still build and run their
> ZooKeeper instance but could spare the ant build from future versions.
> Less to maintain, less to test.
>
> Do you agree?

I think we can perform the last release for 3.5 and 3.4 (thanks Andor!)
then it will be better to drop ant at all.

It is very tricky to guarantee that the build produces the same results
forvboth of the build systems.

As 3.4 and 3.5 will be around for quite some time I think it is better to
have the same system for each of them.

Just my 2 cents

Enrico