zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject ZookKeeper and 'released' artifacts
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 21:04:10 GMT
Hi ZooKeepers,

It's the first time I am looking deeply into the release procedure and
what ZooKeeper is 'releasing'.
I would like to share some thoughts, in order to understand better the process.

I see that in the official repository [1] we are releasing only one
single "artifact" which is a tarball which contains:
- "buildable" sources
- the compiled "jar" + signatures/checksums
we are also deploying Maven artifacts to Maven Central.

Why are we releasing the 'compiled jar' together with the "buildable" sources ?
should they be separate packages (sources + binaries) ?

Enrico

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/zookeeper/