zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pull requests validation - Maven is active - heads up!
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 15:34:42 GMT
With Andor and Norbert we are thinking to not run 'contrib' tests
against Pull Requests.

I have two proposals: Two "big" jobs  vs "many small jobs"

1) Two big jobs:
- One ANT build (the current one)
- One Maven Build (build and test java core,  c-client and run spotbugs)

2) Many small jobs:
- One ANT build (the current one)
- Maven build with "core java"
- Maven build with  C client (builds java and runs tests on C client)
- Maven build with spotbugs (and checkstyle soon...)
- In the future Maven build with integration tests,  backward
compatibility tests....

In the mid term option 2) is better.
In the short term option 1) works as well.

I will be happy to work on this stuff

Best regards
Enrico