zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Norbert Kalmar <nkal...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: JAVA 11 build is broken on 3.5
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 20:54:27 GMT
I agree with backporting Netty 4 and the related patches to 3.5.5.
+1 (non binding) (and I might have already voted)

If it took so long to release a stable 3.5, I don't think we should leave a
known bug in the system, which has such an impact (not supporting current
LTS java).
The PRs shouldn't be hard to backport, no new development is required, and
unfortunately maven migration isn't finished yet, so it's not like we need
to postpone the release just because of Netty upgrade. That's my two cents
anyway.

Regards,
Norbert

ha scritto: