zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAVA 11 build is broken on 3.5
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 20:19:09 GMT
Il giorno mer 9 gen 2019 alle ore 21:16 Andor Molnar
<andor@apache.org> ha scritto:

> So, you guys saying we should upgrade to Netty 4 and backport the following patches too:
>
> ZOOKEEPER-3131 org.apache.zookeeper.server.WatchManager resource leak
> ZOOKEEPER-3163 Use session map to improve the performance when closing session in Netty
> ZOOKEEPER-3146 Limit the maximum client connections per IP in NettyServerCnxnFactory
> ZOOKEEPER-3177 Refactor request throttle logic in NIO and Netty to keep the same behavior
and make the code easier to maintain

> I think it’s still deliverable with the stable release. Regarding the timing, let’s
say we release 3.5.5 with Netty 3 and do the upgrade in 3.5.6. Is it acceptable to do such
a big with a minor version change?

I think we can do the upgrade in 3.5.5.
We can't say Java 11 is supported if we don't have tests working. And
Java 11 is the current LTS release from Oracle.

If we release now 3.5.5 then we need to work for 3.5.6 and then
release....it is a double work, we don't have so much resources :-(

IMHO it is better to release 3.5.5 and start focusing on 3.6.0

Enrico

scritto:
> [...]
Java 11: it

> >> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/commit/c3babb94275ad667dc71c10dcb08a383a3c154c2