zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Branch 3.4 and Maven...some problems found while porting Spotbugs patch
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2019 22:18:21 GMT
Hi,
we have some problems on 3.4 branch with Maven migration.

1) There are references to 3.6.0-SNAPSHOT
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/b8044eae3e700650a646969352a508122a4e5a98/zookeeper-contrib/zookeeper-contrib-loggraph/pom.xml#L26

2) Build fails with this error (after fixing poms):
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project
zookeeper-contrib-zooinspector: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.zookeeper:zookeeper-contrib-zooinspector:jar:3.4.14-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact com.nitido.utils:toaster:jar:1.0.4 in central
(https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

3) I am porting spotbugs patch now, but there came a lot of new code,
so I had to fix recipes and I have disabled the 'contrib' modules
which are not compliant at all with spotbugs
4) There are a lot of spotbugs errors on 3.4 branch, not found on 3.5 and master

This is my patch which is solving 1) and 3) and 4)
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/764

I can split it, let me know.

An alternative approach is to fix the poms in one patch (Norbert?).

I guess I will have to re-work on spotbugs on master and branch-3.5
now that recipes and contrib landed to Maven world.

I would prefer to skip Spotbugs on "contrib".
I think spotbugs must pass in "recipes", if you take a look at my
commit, there are many warnings, and I think they may be real bugs

Cheers
Enrico