zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about using Travis-CI ?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2019 10:05:16 GMT
Il giorno mar 8 gen 2019 alle ore 11:02 Andor Molnar
<andor@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Sure, let’s try it. Please go ahead and enable it.
>
> What are the benefits over Jenkins?

1) non committers can rebuild easily just by using the Travis-UI
2) easy to change the configuration, it is committed on the branch to
test (merged with target branch)
3) less security issues on ASF side, pull requests built from unknown
constributors are built on Travis hardware, not ASF one
4) easy to add new Java versions

Enrico