zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper java client - a first step
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:41:27 GMT
Hi guys,
We tried to separate java client  from zookeeper-server package but
currently it is not possible  without breaking changes.

I think we can still start providing a simple zookeeper java client just by
creating a dummy zookeeper-client module as a Maven 'bom' (bills of
material)

It will be a simple pom which adds the dependency to zookeeper-server jar
but it 'excludes' all third party dependencies not needed for running the
client.

I see these advantages :
1) applications will start to depend on something called 'client ', which
is more user friendly
2) clients won't  import unused dependecies, this is actually  a nuisance
 for downstream application
3) it will be easier to change dependencies  in the future (at least for
the server)

Regards
Enrico
--