zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper 3.5 blocker issues
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2018 13:28:40 GMT
Great work Norbert
I you want I can help,especially for rat, findbugs (need to switch to
spotbugs anyway) and OWASP stuff (recently I started using Maven
Plugin in other projects)
But I am not sure how can I help you concretely if we do not commit your work.
We could commit the work as it is now, leaving "ant" as official build
method, but having the poms committed will ease collaboration.

We will also have to work on CI jobs, I can help on that part as well

Enrico

Il giorno mer 19 dic 2018 alle ore 12:26 Norbert Kalmar
<nkalmar@cloudera.com.invalid> ha scritto:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Some update on the maven migration: I had a few bumps here and there (just
> looking at the latest patch Andor linked -
> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/708 - you can see on the commits).
> Current state is that the build works, tests run, but reports like
> findbugs, clover etc. are not yet implemented. Maven has plugins for them
> usually, but it's not always trivial, especially with the C client. The
> assembly is also left to be done, but it should be fairly easy to do a
> similar tarball then ant does (although this will be also an interesting
> task, as ant does some strange things, like duplicated sources of most
> contrib projects).
>
> I had a seperate jira to do the recipes and contrib maven build. I do not
> have open PR for it, but recipes is done and I am now working on the
> contrib projects. Most of them is manually build and never gets called from
> the main build.xml. I will not integrate these either to the maven build.
> The reason is that there are plans to remove some of them from ZK repo
> anyway. The other reason is that for starters, we want to replicate the ant
> build as closely as possible, without doing any nasty workarounds in maven
> to achieve that. And from there, we can improve, use maven's advantages to
> shape the build of ZooKeeper. Once it is stable and proven to have all the
> functionality required for build and release.
>
> Right now, I am trying to stabilize the build as much as possible. Andor
> also fixed some flaky C tests that for some strange reasons, become
> extremely flaky with the maven build:
> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/740
>
> Regards,
> Norbert
>
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 9:52 AM Andor Molnar <andor@cloudera.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > Sure, good point. Let's put it on the list.
> >
> > Andor
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 12:17 AM Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Are folks OK to wait on that OWASP issue I documented over the weekend?
> > > afaict we are not affected but it would be good to get another pair of
> > eyes
> > > on it.
> > >
> > > Patrick

> > community,

> > > nowadays:

Jira.
> > > Please

> > > 3.5.5

> > been
> > > shall

> > > for
> > > with

> > > backports.
I can
> > see,

> > > <tamaas@cloudera.com.INVALID

Migrate
> > has
GA.

> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-925

> > good

> > > zxid
Leader on disk
> > > txn
> > > > >>>>>>

> > https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/master/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/quorum/LearnerHandler.java#L774
> > files,
> > due
> > > > >>>>>>

> > https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/master/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/ZKDatabase.java#L81
> > > have
SNAP sync, but

<andor@apache.org>
disk txn sync.

<lvfangmin@gmail.com>

as I mentioned in a
> > > newer
txns gap in the txn
> > file,

txn sync by default
> > for

Lv <
> > lvfangmin@gmail.com

time digest checking to
> > > help
with amounts of code
> > change.
expect it's being
> > merged
> > > in
have, but definitely not a

Molnar <
> > andor@apache.org

want to include the
> > consistency
Let’s finish the backports
> > > and

a new feature, I wouldn’t
> > block

Andor Molnar <andor@apache.org

support for Atomic Broadcast
> > > protocol)
care for trunk)
server deadlock between
> > follower
external connection requests.)
and no blockers for the
> > stable
to 3.5:

too)

0:42, Fangmin Lv <
> > lvfangmin@gmail.com>

feature, which was disabled
> > > internally
inconsistent issue. The only
> > solution
> > > we
digest checking feature I mentioned
> > > in

other critical consistent issues we
ZOOKEEPER-3125,
the official 3.5 release as well.

at 11:58 AM Andor Molnár <

me know. I'm happy to remove it from
> > the
release. :)

which can be disabled to avoid data

PM, Mohamed Jeelani wrote:
> [...]
for compiling this. Should we be ignoring
in 3.4 as well and the feature can be
term fix for it in 3.6.

5:19 AM, "Andor Molnar"

ignore 1549, 2846 and 2930. Still we have
> > the
(SSL/TLS support for Atomic Broadcast
(Fix don't care for trunk)
(txnlog diff sync can skip sending some
(Potential server deadlock between
> > > follower
receiving external connection
> > > requests.)

is a feature which essential for the 3.5
it out or postpone it for the next stable
a long time, get on reviewing please.
also long outstanding issues which have
> > been
which was found in 3.4 and fixed in
3.5. Quite a serious issue if still
> > present.

at least run some manual testing and
> > see
these issues before going ahead with a
> > stable

2018 at 3:24 AM, Michael Han <
went through the entire list, but looks like
> > > lots
in this thread, such as ZOOKEEPER-1549,
> > > 2846,
Should we scope these issues out?

the single outstanding blocking
> > > issue
the reconfig feature and security concerns
in ZOOKEEPER-2014), and the alpha and beta
that feature.

> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__zookeeper-2Duser.578899.n2.nabble.com_Zookeeper-2Dwith-2D&d=DwIBaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=Vl4oKanLQehvaulUvoKg8A&m=wqlhnot9c-pQLdkGkccSGNpELUNUnB-wy_h0iA3PRqI&s=_tGtL3nMWtuPrXKXDx27AIWOzyyT7W-CjIVLDFZwT0E&e=

like we are in good shape to release.
> > > Something
claim the quality of 3.5 is on par with 3.4

on 3.5 - 3.4 passed the test for the
> > record
> > > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aphyr.com_posts_291-2Djepsen-2Dzookeeper&d=DwIBaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=Vl4oKanLQehvaulUvoKg8A&m=wqlhnot9c-pQLdkGkccSGNpELUNUnB-wy_h0iA3PRqI&s=VjORkX5s7hrJyl8mW9Q4cfeSWF4qfTdyRjcuAiBt0y4&e=
flaky tests on 3.5 - 3.4 has little or no
> > flaky

4, 2018 at 1:48 AM, Andor Molnar

Maoling! That would be huge help, I appreciate