zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>
Subject Migrating ZooKeeper to GitBox
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 17:07:16 GMT
Hi dev team,

Have you seen this?

https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/relocation-of-apache-git-repositories <https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/relocation-of-apache-git-repositories>

I think we should volunteer for a coordinated migration of ZooKeeper, although the project
is not too big, so the impact of a forced process probably wouldn’t be so much.

There’re some benefits though:
- We could move to GitBox earlier rather than later, so we could take advantage of GitHub
write access for example,
- Migration needs a write-lock in place during the process, so we can avoid some unfortunate
surprises,
- git-wip-us.apache.org <http://git-wip-us.apache.org/> will have CNAMEs to gitbox,
so it’ll be operational for some time, but the read-only git.apache.org <http://git.apache.org/>
will go away (not sure about the timing though), that we use in some of our Jenkins builds.
It would be better to migrate Jenkins configs in a coordinated fashion rather than when the
house is burning.

There’re a bunch of unkowns in each project, hence Infra guys recommend the coordinated
way, but we need an agreement in the community, so please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Andor