zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper 3.5 blocker issues
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 06:21:15 GMT
Ok. Looks like ant still works properly, so let’s commit this patch and you guys can collaborate
to polish the Maven build.

For now, it’s master-only.

Thanks,
Andor

> On 2018. Dec 19., at 16:44, Norbert Kalmar <nkalmar@cloudera.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Thank you Enrico, I agree, that we could commit this patch at it's current
> state, it fulfills the original jira anyways.
>
> I'll see what's wrong with the java tests, but honestly, it looks like
> they're just flaky... runs well on local builds with 8 thread.
>
> Regards,
> Norbert
>
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:50 PM Tamas Penzes <tamaas@cloudera.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For assembly task I would promote the way how HBase works.
>> They create a pure source and a bin tarball separately. Please see how they
>> create a release here:
>> https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/dev-support/make_rc.sh
>> We could probably use the well known "copy+paste technology" to have it
>> within ZooKeeper the same way. ;-)
>>
>> Regards, Tamaas
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:28 PM Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Great work Norbert
>>> I you want I can help,especially for rat, findbugs (need to switch to
>>> spotbugs anyway) and OWASP stuff (recently I started using Maven
>>> Plugin in other projects)
>>> But I am not sure how can I help you concretely if we do not commit your
>>> work.
>>> We could commit the work as it is now, leaving "ant" as official build
>>> method, but having the poms committed will ease collaboration.
>>>
>>> We will also have to work on CI jobs, I can help on that part as well
>>>
>>> Enrico

>>> (just
>>> commits).
>> them
>> interesting

>> not
>>> from
>> build.
>>> ant
>>> maven
>>> the

>> Andor

>> <andor@cloudera.com.invalid

>>> weekend?
>>> of

>>> 3.5.5
>>> ASC"

>>> have the
>> have
>>> some

>>> hopefully I

>> 3.5's
>>> share.

>> lvfangmin@gmail.com>

>>> one

>> andor@apache.org>

coming from
>>> Jira.
>>> 3.5

>> fixVersion
>>> =
DESC,
>>> key ASC

which need to
>> be

>>> already
the backport
>>> or

outstanding
>>> issues
>>> sync
Maven
>> (ongoing)

well as the
>> can

>>> Migrate
Since the
>>> migration
ZK 3.5.x GA.

might also
>> be a
based
>>> documentation.

Lv <
>>> lvfangmin@gmail.com

provide more
>> context.

followers to if the
>>> peer
is here: Leader on
>>> disk
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/master/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/quorum/LearnerHandler.java#L774
be gap in the txn
the peer will miss
>>> txns
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/master/src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/ZKDatabase.java#L81
On 3.5, it's
>> better
more SNAP sync,
>> but
me.

by default on 3.5 if
>>> you

Molnar <
>>> andor@apache.org>
config option?
for that and turn it
>>> off by
on disk txn sync.

Lv <
>>> lvfangmin@gmail.com>

is actually just one
>> case
>>> of
txn sync, as I mentioned
>> in
leave txns gap in the
>> txn
this issue.

on disk txn sync by
>>> default
ZOOKEEPER-3114, we
>>> can use
syncing.

AM Fangmin Lv <

real time digest
>> checking
feature with amounts of code
but I don't expect it's being
nice to have, but definitely
>>> not a

AM Andor Molnar <

that you want to include the
is fine. Let’s finish the
>>> backports

a new feature, I
>> wouldn’t

at 11:52, Andor Molnar <
>>> andor@apache.org

the clarification.

is as follows:

support for Atomic Broadcast
(Fix don't care for trunk)
(Potential server deadlock between
external connection
>>> requests.)
not critical and no blockers for
>> the
ported to 3.5:

(fixes ZOOKEEPER-2184 too)

12., at 0:42, Fangmin Lv <

disk txn feature, which was disabled
inconsistent issue. The only
the new digest checking feature I
>>> mentioned

are some other critical consistent
>>> issues we
ZOOKEEPER-3104, ZOOKEEPER-3125,
that in the official 3.5 release as
>>> well.

2018 at 11:58 AM Andor Molnár <

letting me know. I'm happy to remove it
>>> from
a stable release. :)

feature which can be disabled to avoid

11:33 PM, Mohamed Jeelani wrote:
> [...]
Andor for compiling this. Should we be
>>> ignoring
exists in 3.4 as well and the feature
>> can
>>> be
a longer term fix for it in 3.6.

9/10/18, 5:19 AM, "Andor Molnar"

to ignore 1549, 2846 and 2930. Still we
>>> have
(SSL/TLS support for Atomic
>>> Broadcast
(Fix don't care for trunk)
(txnlog diff sync can skip
>> sending
>>> some
(Potential server deadlock
>> between
and follower receiving external connection

is a feature which essential for the
>>> 3.5
leave it out or postpone it for the next
>>> stable
out for a long time, get on reviewing please.
are also long outstanding issues which
>> have
is something which was found in 3.4 and
>>> fixed in
fixed in 3.5. Quite a serious issue if still

we should at least run some manual testing
>>> and
any of these issues before going ahead with

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:24 AM, Michael Han <
haven't went through the entire list, but looks
>>> like
listed in this thread, such as
>>> ZOOKEEPER-1549,
releases. Should we scope these issues out?

think historically the single outstanding
>>> blocking
is the reconfig feature and security
>>> concerns
in ZOOKEEPER-2014), and the alpha and
>>> beta
stabilize that feature.

>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__zookeeper-2Duser.578899.n2.nabble.com_Zookeeper-2Dwith-2D&d=DwIBaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=Vl4oKanLQehvaulUvoKg8A&m=wqlhnot9c-pQLdkGkccSGNpELUNUnB-wy_h0iA3PRqI&s=_tGtL3nMWtuPrXKXDx27AIWOzyyT7W-CjIVLDFZwT0E&e=

it looks like we are in good shape to release.
to claim the quality of 3.5 is on par with
>>> 3.4

Run Jepsen on 3.5 - 3.4 passed the test for the

>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aphyr.com_posts_291-2Djepsen-2Dzookeeper&d=DwIBaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=Vl4oKanLQehvaulUvoKg8A&m=wqlhnot9c-pQLdkGkccSGNpELUNUnB-wy_h0iA3PRqI&s=VjORkX5s7hrJyl8mW9Q4cfeSWF4qfTdyRjcuAiBt0y4&e=
Fix all flaky tests on 3.5 - 3.4 has little or
>> no

Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 1:48 AM, Andor Molnar

Thanks Maoling! That would be huge help, I
>>> appreciate

Andor