zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Tamas Penzes <tam...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject DISCUSSION: Drop PDF support in documentation
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 07:33:40 GMT
Hi All,

As part of "ZOOKEEPER-925 Consider maven site generation to replace our
forrest site and documentation generation" I have implemented
"ZOOKEEPER-3153 Create MarkDown files and build process for them".

The solution would replace the old Forrest based document creation with
MarkDown based one, which is easier to create, edit, maintain, etc.
I also had the goal that the new solution should work out of the box,
without the need to install anything on the build machine. You just check
out the project and are already able to build and generate the project,
including the documentation.

>From the .md files I still create HTML content for the webpage (just try
out `mvn clean install` and check zookeeper-docs/target/html/) but I
haven't found a proper way to create PDFs directly from the .md files.

As far as I know PDFs are not really used, so it would be enough to add the
.md and .html content to the tarball and we could skip the PDF generation.

What do you think about it?
Is there anyone who would need PDFs?

Thanks, Tamaas