zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Jenkins pre-commit job
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2018 06:05:17 GMT
All done, will send a new email with a clean recap

Enrico
Il giorno sab 22 set 2018 alle ore 09:54 Enrico Olivelli
<eolivelli@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> [...]
to save resources for docs/website changes for instance

>> We have separate repo for ZK web site and our doc artifacts only regenerate when
we do a new release. So I think there is not much benefit of keeping this option, as we always
want Jenkins as the gate before committing any code changes.

> Ok, will drop

>> I see what you mean. I think "Jenkins Pending — Jenkins is validating pull request
..." should be removed, as it's not telling anything new. I don't know how though.

> I can't find any hook anywhere, in CI, in precommit bash scripts/ant targets
>
> Does anyone has an explanation?
> Maybe it is an asf infra configuration
>
> Enrico

>>> It is the default config, I can drop. In BK sometimes it is useful in order
>>> to save resources for docs/website changes for instance

Jobs

>>> Ok

>>> TheI job execution is one, so the informative content is the same: red vs
>>> green.
>>>
>>> But it seems to me that the 'Jenkins' line never goes green nor red, it
>>> stays yellow forever
>>>

>>> Enrico

CI

Han <