zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Jenkins pre-commit job
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2018 12:51:07 GMT
Too early...
It seems that the first line with 'Jenkins' never goes away.

Patrick, do you have some hint ?
Otherwise I can ask to infra or builds@apache.org

Enrico

Il giorno ven 21 set 2018 alle ore 14:45 Enrico Olivelli
<eolivelli@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Okay
> on github you see two lines, but there is only one job on Jenkins
>
> see
> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/638
>
> @Michael Han please double check
>
> If all it is okay I will send a new clean summary in another email thread
> The short version is:
> - an user sends a PR (against master, branch-3.5 and branch-3.4)> CI kicks in an validates,
on GitHub you see the status and the results
> - an "Apache Committer" (from any project I guess, as I am not a ZK committer but it
works, it is important that he is registered in Apache Gihub 'organization') can add a comment
with only this phrase 'retest this please' and the PR will be re-validated from CI
> - if the description of the PR contains 'skip ci' validation won't be run from jenkins
>
> configuration is here:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build/
>

> Please tell me if there is any doc/wiki to update and if there is a common place for
storing CI Jobs configurations

> Enrico
>
> Il giorno ven 21 set 2018 alle ore 11:56 Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
ha scritto:

>> Il giorno ven 21 set 2018 alle ore 11:27 Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
ha scritto:

>>> I have set up the 'retest this please' trigger.
>>> But now we have two jobs running for each pull request.
>>>
>>> I can't find the flag which makes the validation named 'Jenkins' start
>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-build/configure
>>>
>>> the name of the new one is 'default', and it maps to the same Job
>>

>> Actually the result for the new 'default' validation looks better
>> see it here
>> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/637
>>
>> The old one just told 'Looks like there's a problem with this pull request'
>> the new one reports ' FAILURE 1731 tests run, 1 skipped, 2 failed'
>>
>> Enrico
>>

>>> is there any other trigger ?
>>> I will continue to search
>>>
>>> Enrico