zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: ZooKeeper 3.5 blocker issues
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 01:24:20 GMT
I haven't went through the entire list, but looks like lots of the JIRA
issues listed in this thread, such as ZOOKEEPER-1549, 2846, also affects
3.4 releases. Should we scope these issues out?

I think historically the single outstanding blocking issue for a stable 3.5
release is the reconfig feature and security concerns around it (somehow
addressed in ZOOKEEPER-2014), and the alpha and beta releases were created
to stabilize that feature.

http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Zookeeper-with-SSL-release-date-tt7581744.html

So it looks like we are in good shape to release. Something might worth
doing to claim the quality of 3.5 is on par with 3.4

* Run Jepsen on 3.5 - 3.4 passed the test for the record
https://aphyr.com/posts/291-jepsen-zookeeper
* Fix all flaky tests on 3.5 - 3.4 has little or no flaky tests at all.