zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@apache.org>
Subject About Jenkins pre-commit job
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:17:06 GMT
We've seen lots of confusions recently around Jenkins pre-commit check
status on github pull request as well as questions like how to trigger
Jenkins job to get a green build. I added a section "Jenkins Pre-commit
Check" to our wiki page about this matter:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToContribute

I suspect the permission issue is about the fact that apache zookeeper
github is read only for most of us including committers. Only asfbot has
write access. When a Jenkins job is triggered through "Rebuild" button the
credential it's using is not asfbot thus the final job result will fail to
write back to github. I don't know how to solve this, but hopefully we have
workarounds (which though require PR creator to be more diligent on
obtaining a green build).

Michael.