zookeeper-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Han <h...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Jenkins pre-commit job
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2018 20:53:43 GMT
>> It is the default config, I can drop. In BK sometimes it is useful in
order to save resources for docs/website changes for instance

We have separate repo for ZK web site and our doc artifacts only regenerate
when we do a new release. So I think there is not much benefit of keeping
this option, as we always want Jenkins as the gate before committing any
code changes.

>> But it seems to me that the 'Jenkins' line never goes green nor red, it stays
yellow forever

I see what you mean. I think "*Jenkins *Pending — Jenkins is validating
pull request ..." should be removed, as it's not telling anything new. I
don't know how though.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Il ven 21 set 2018, 19:11 Michael Han <hanm@apache.org> ha scritto:
>
> > Thanks for the work, Enrico! Looks like it's working?

> > run from jenkins
> >
> > Do we need this option?
> >

> It is the default config, I can drop. In BK sometimes it is useful in order
> to save resources for docs/website changes for instance

> > configurations
> >
> > jenkins job config is stored in the job itself. We don't version control
> > it separately.
> > With this update the "Jenkins" section is out of date:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToContribute
> > Would you please update the page to reflect latest state of the jenkins -
> > github integration?
> >

> Ok

> > Seems ok to me to keep two lines. The second line does not cover things
> > other than test (like find bug checks, release audit checks, etc).
> >

> TheI job execution is one, so the informative content is the same: red vs
> green.
>
> But it seems to me that the 'Jenkins' line never goes green nor red, it
> stays yellow forever
>

> Enrico
>

> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 5:51 AM, Enrico Olivelli <eolivelli@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Too early...
> >> It seems that the first line with 'Jenkins' never goes away.
> >>
> >> Patrick, do you have some hint ?
> >> Otherwise I can ask to infra or builds@apache.org
> >>
> >> Enrico

> >> thread
> >> kicks in an validates, on GitHub you see the status and the results
> >> committer but it works, it is important that he is registered in Apache
> >> Gihub 'organization') can add a comment with only this phrase 'retest
> this
> >> please' and the PR will be re-validated from CI
> >> run from jenkins

> >> common place for storing CI Jobs configurations

> start
> >> >>>
> >> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-github-pr-
> build/configure

> >> request'